The Starwood Preferred Guest Amex is currently offered with the best signing bonus we have seen, 35,000 points for $3,000 of spending in three months.
The SPG card historically has been regarded as a staple in the industry, offering great conversions with solid redemption options. Unlike many other branded hotel cards, the airline benefit is actually quite attractive. For each 20,000 points you transfer to an airline partner, Starwood adds 5,000 extra points.
- 5 points per dollar at participating SPG hotels.
- 2 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as a Card Member in addition to the 2 or 3 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as an SPG member.
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
- Annual fee waived for the first year.
- Receive a 5,000 Starpoint bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a participating frequent flyer program.
- Over 30 airline frequent flyer programs, mostly on a one-to-one basis.
- Redeem Starpoints for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights with no blackout dates.
- Receive credit for 5 nights and 2 stays each year toward SPG Elite status.
- 20 nights away for SPG Gold status and 45 nights away for SPG Platinum status in a calendar year.
- Complimentary unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide.
- Free in-room, premium internet access while staying with SPG participating hotels.
- No FX transaction fees.
For more details or to apply please visit the link below (we do not get paid for the referral): https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/starwood-preferred-guest/
I value Starpoints at 2.4c per point, which is one of the highest valuations of any of the points programs. That makes this particular offer worth $840, which is sweetened even more by the annual fee of $95 is waived.
If you are in the market for an Amex, this is a fantastic deal on one of our favorite cards.